Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sarah Margaret Mills - AKA Slim Haris


I had to start with the woman who inspired me of course!
How we met
Sarah and I met at a party in 2005 (I think). It was party where I didn't know many people so I was keeping to myself and reading a magazine in the kitchen when a little lady decided to tell me I couldn't read a magazine at a party. We bonded over our anxiety and I even rolled her some cigarettes! Yes, when we met she rolled her own cigs lol. We exchanged numbers because we had decided we needed to be friends forever. I'm not sure who ended up getting a hold of who but eventually it did happen and our friendship has been steady ever since.
How Sarah became Slim
If you know me well enough you know I rarely call anyone by their given name. I've always called people by their first & middle, first & last, or a nickname. Sarah was feeling left out so she told me she wanted a nickname too. I can't remember the specifics as to why I decided it would be her name backwards but it's worked out pretty great!
Top 5 things about Slim
*Sarah is one of those people who sees the good in everybody. Even if they don't deserve her kindness they get it.
*She has the cutest laugh ever
*She's crafty
*She's one of the people that you could truly count on to be there for you if needed someone in a pinch
*She wants everyone to be happy all the time and tries to make that happen
Fun Facts about Slim
*She loves sea life and has a special pillow case that proves it
*She's terrified of crickets
*She went to Bookkeeper school
*Both of her long term boyfriends had the same name
*She hates when I go "chicka chicka Slim Shady" :P
Peace Out
Crysie

1 comment:

  1. Awww!!! Its me! I am so glad you were reading that magazine at that party! :)

    ReplyDelete