Friday, March 16, 2012

Myrtella Elithia Wilbert - AKA Grandma Myrt

How we met
It's safe to assume she was also there when I was born. (I'm starting to think my family doesn't tell stories enough) I do know that she was scared to hold me because she thought she'd break me. That's the kind of person I remember. Gentle, kind, and soothing. We spent a lot of time with my grandma until I was 9 and we moved to Beaverton. My grandma got sick when I was in my early teens with dementia/Alzheimer's and I miss her and always wonder what our relationship would be like now.
How Myrtella became Grandma Myrt
I guess I don't really have to explain this as she is my grandma :)
Top 5 things about Grandma Myrt
*She made the best couch beds
*She always made cookies with me
*She always had fresh cream in her fridge and would put it in my cereal
*She was always there for us
*She's a fighter
Fun facts about Myrtella
*She taught me to crochet
*She liked watching Benny Hill and Twilight Zone
*She owned a store when my mother was young
*She didn't drive
Peace out!
Crysie

No comments:

Post a Comment